This confectioner from Turmero, Aragua state, created her own three-chocolate cake recipe to which she added hazelnuts and named bomb for its explosive flavor.
For this day of chocolate dessert recipes, we decided to share a delicious and explosive creation by Asunción Morillo, a confectioner from Tumero.
This dessert, a recipe that she inherited from her aunt María Jacinta, who was a famous Tumeremo Bolívar state. The confectioner, was originally called three-chocolate hazelnut cake, but Morillo decided to rename it Bomba de hazelnuts con chocolate because of the explosion of flavors it has.
Here is this unique recipe that we are sure will fill your mouth with pure flavor.
Chocolate hazelnut bomb
Ingredients for the cake
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 300 grams of hazelnuts
- 180 grams of softened unsalted butter
- 100 grams of sugars
- 5 eggs (separated into yolks and whites)
- 60 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 teaspoons cream of whiskey liqueur
- A pinch of salt
Ingredients for the topping
- 100 grams of milk chocolate coating
- 100 grams of white chocolate coating
- Unpeeled and whole hazelnuts to decorate
- Melt the bitter chocolate in a water bath. Let cool and preheat the oven to 300C°.
- Finely grind half of the hazelnuts. Cream the butter with the melted chocolate and sugar.
- Add the yolks one by one and continue beating. Then incorporate the flour together with the previously sifted baking powder, the ground hazelnuts and the liquor. Beat the whites to the point of meringue with the pinch of salt and integrate carefully and with the help of a fork stirring, but they are beating.
- Pour into a mold with a hole in the center, greased and floured and bake at 175C° for about 40-45 minutes. Check the cooking and when it is ready, turn the cake over and let it rest.
Cover with the chocolate coatings (previously melted separately) as a coating, alternating the two chocolates so that they form betas. Immediately before it cools place the hazelnuts so that they stick to the chocolate.