Take note of this simple recipe with a Venezuelan flavor, which the Venezuelan gastronome Armando Scannone rescued in his red book My Kitchen.
Chocolate candies are one of the nine chocolate dessert recipes with Venezuelan tradition, that the Venezuelan gastronome Armando Scannone he rescued and reflected with the help of his family and cooks in his famous red book My Kitchen, in the manner of Caracas.
This is one of the sweet recipes from the red book that starts from the memory of flavors and aromas of Scannone's youth in his hometown of Caracas, and that we can all make at home thanks to his method that, by following it to the letter, makes all recipes come out and come out right.
- 120 grams or 6 semi-sweet chocolate bars
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 kilo of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Stirring always cook about 20 minutes.
- It is poured into a smooth and flat tray, greased with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and mark with a knife into squares. Let cool ten more minutes and cut into 1×2 centimeter squares where it has been previously marked.
- They are wrapped in waxed paper.