Pamper your loved ones with this delicious dessert where chocolate is one of the protagonists.
If you want to surprise your loved ones, try this recipe for alfajores stuffed with dulce de leche and chocolate at home from the Savoy Chocolate for Everyone recipe book.
Table of Contents
Alfajores filled with dulce de leche and chocolate
Cookie dough ingredients
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose wheat flour
- 275 grams of cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 125 grams of margarine at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
Ingredients for the stuffing
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 chocolate bars
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Preparation of the dough for the biscuit
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Prepare a baking sheet with butter and flour.
- In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. In the center of the ingredients place the margarine and the egg yolks. Knead until all the ingredients are integrated and you get a compact dough.
- Place flour on the surface where you are going to knead. Take a portion of the table and roll it out with a rolling pin until it is about a quarter of an inch thick.
- With a circular cookie cutter, cut the dough and place the rounds on the baking tray in a chess position.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Let it cool.
Preparation of the filling
- In a pressure cooker, cook a closed can of condensed milk for an hour and a half. Let it cool completely before opening it. With this cooking you will obtain the dulce de leche.
- In a separate pot, melt the chocolate with the other can of condensed milk and cook until it thickens a bit. Remove from the fire and let cool.
- Assemble the alfajores by taking a cookie and spread it with a little dulce de leche on one of its faces. Then take another cookie and repeat the same operation with the chocolate mixture. Finally join them like a sandwich.
- Finally bathe them with a little powdered sugar and place them on a tray.