This recipe may be ideal for an afternoon snack accompanied by a cup of tea or coffee.
Share with your loved ones a sweet snack made up of this delicious chocolate bread recipe along with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 325 ml of lukewarm water
- 250 grams of chopped dark chocolate
- 4 and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour 8600 grams)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons granulated yeast
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 yolk
- 1 beaten egg to paint
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place the yeast, warm water, and a pinch of sugar in a large bowl and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the yolk and butter.
- Mix the flour, salt and cocoa. Close and add to the previous preparation by portions, Mix well after each addition of flour.
- Add the chopped chocolate and continue to knead vigorously for about 10 minutes on a lightly floured work surface until the dough has a smooth and elastic texture. If necessary add a little water.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours in a warm place away from drafts.
- Place the dough, after the time, on the slightly floured table. Flatten it and divide it into two equal parts. With the help of both hands, mold them into an oval shape and place them on a greased tray or with waxed paper. Let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size. Make two superficial and diagonal cuts on each loaf.
- Brush the buns with the beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes; then lower the temperature to 190°C and cook for another 25 minutes.
Let the loaves cool on a wire rack and cut with a serrated knife. Place it on a serving tray.