Make your own memories of Christmas flavors with this delicious recipe that Puro Chocolate chose for you.
To keep the Christmas table full of sweet Christmas flavors, Puro Chocolate found this recipe from the book El Chocolate de Savoy, with which you can entertain family and guests in the Christmas sharing that remains in this 2022.
Black Christmas cake with chocolate
Ingredients for the maceration:
- ½ bottle of Champagne
- ½ bottle of Port Wine
- ½ bottle of Ron Fino
- ½ bottle of Brandy
- ½ kilo of candied fruits
- 150 grams of peeled almonds
- 1 kilo of prunes
- 1 kilo of raisins
- 1 kilo of chopped frozen fruits
Ingredients for the cake or biscuit:
- 3 kilos of butter
- 3 kilos of wheat flour
- 3 kilos of sugar
- 42 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of baking powder
- 6 cups of milk
- ½ bottle of sweet wine
- 1 bottle of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of powdered cloves
- ½ kilo of chopped or grated chocolate
- 1 kilo of caramel sugar or melted paper
- Beat the butter with the sugar until it forms an almost white cream.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and continue beating until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- By hand, or with the mixer at low speed, add the sifted flour together with the baking powder and the egg whites until stiff.
- The kilo of sugar turned into caramel, after adding two cups of water and without letting it burn, when it takes on a dark brown color, add the sweet wine and incorporate it into the previous batter for the cake. It stirs well.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie with a little water and add it to the mixer.
- When everything is ready, it is when the maceration of liquors and fruits that had been previously prepared are added.
- You can change the sugar for melted paper.
- Spices are added.
- It should be a dark brown color, otherwise increase the amount of chocolate.
- It is distributed in cake pans to taste, always placing parchment paper at the bottom, greased and floured so that it does not stick.
- Bake at a moderate temperature until when you insert a toothpick it comes out almost dry.
- Let it rest for two or three days before proceeding to decorate it.
- It can be stored in a hermetically sealed vacuum for up to five months.
- The longer the time, the better the taste.
- To decorate use your imagination. You can create butter cookies according to recipe. Leaves, curls, slings, cherry cream, etc.
NOTE: The ingredients can be distributed according to the cake and desired size.