This recipe, taken from Savoy's book Chocolate for All, is as delicious as it is easy to make at home.
For a delicious share, at Puro Chocolate we bring you this simple recipe for dark chocolate truffles from the Savoy book Chocolate for All, so you can surprise family and friends.
dark chocolate truffles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1 ¾ dark chocolate bars
- 45 grams of unsalted butter cut into squares
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream and rum without letting it boil.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate. Move it around until it is completely melted.
- Add the cold diced butter and stir constantly until melted.
- Strain the mixture and place it in a container. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Take a small ice cream scoop or a small spoon that allows you to make balls; soak it in a little warm water and make the truffles. Place them on a tray with parchment paper in the bottom.
- When they are all ready, refrigerate them for 30 minutes. Pass each one through prize-sifted cocoa powder and round them a little more with the palm of your hands. Place them on a plate to present.
- Eat them right away or keep them refrigerated.