From the book Bonbons Venezolanos we share this delicious recipe with sweet margariteño chili, to take you with your palate to that beautiful Venezuelan corner.
If the flavors and smells are transporting, why not take a walk through our Isla Margarita with its unique sweet pepper combined with the best chocolate in the world?
That is why at Puro Chocolate we decided to share with you this delicious recipe for a chocolate filled with margariteño sweet pepper made by the Venezuelan businesswoman and chocolatier María Fernanda Di Giacobbe, from her book Venezuelan chocolates, 25 recipes.
- 200 grams of sweet pepper margariteño
- 200 milligrams of heavy cream
- 100 grams of sugars
- 50 grams of honey
- 75 grams of unsalted butter ointment
- 375 grams of Natural Criollo milk couverture from Chocolates El Rey
For moulding: 41% Mahogany milk couverture, El Rey Chocolates
To decorate: cocoa butter colored green and cocoa butter colored orange
- Spread the mold with the cocoa butter colored green. Allow to crystallize and give a second coat with orange-colored cocoa butter. When crystallizing the second layer, mold with 41% tempered mahogany coverage.
- Cut the sweet peppers in two, remove the seeds, cut into pieces and blend together with the milk cream, sugar and honey until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- Place the liquid in a pot and heat up to 85°C for 3 minutes. Pour this mixture over the Criollo Natural couverture in a food processor. Rest until it reaches a temperature of 32 °C.
- Add the butter to the topping and process until a uniform color is obtained.
- Introduce the mixture in a bag, fill the cavities of the mold, shake and cover with the 41% tempered mahogany coating.
- Rest for at least 45 minutes and unmold.