This traditional Venezuelan dessert is so versatile that you can add dark or white chocolate, pumpkin, coffee, coconut, pineapple, soursop, corn, among many other ingredients.
At Puro Chocolate we only know about chocolate and on recipe Wednesdays it is the star of the most delicious desserts in our country and the world. And to continue pampering our readers, today we bring you this spectacular recipe: a coconut and white chocolate cheese that you can make at home.
Coconut and white chocolate cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 200 grams of white chocolate
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange rum
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the cup of sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, without touching it, until it forms a caramel. Pour it into a quesillo mold, covering the bottom and sides very well.
- Heat the coconut milk, remove it from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate. Let it rest for two minutes and stir it until it is completely dissolved.
- Place the coconut cream with chocolate, the condensed milk, the eggs, the orange rum, the cinnamon and the grated coconut in the blender. Process them until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the previously caramelized mold. Cover it with aluminum foil and place it in the oven in a bain-marie (putting it into a larger dish with water).
- Bake it for an hour or until the center has set. Let it rest for approximately two hours and refrigerate it. Heat it a little on a stove to unmold it.